Re: [opensuse] Wishlist
  • From: Andreas Jaeger <aj@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 13:15:05 +0200
"Mark V" <mvyver@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

Hi,
Where best to request the inclusion in 'base/standard' of a package
for GnuPG Made Easy
(http://www.gnupg.org/download/index.en.html#gpgme)
a) via the wishlist (http://en.opensuse.org/Package_Wishlist)
b) filing an enhancement request on Novell's Bugzilla

This package was not in 10.2, was in 10.3 and is not in 11.0. The
GnuPG page suggests it is the preferred API for an application that
uses GPG.

gpgme is part of openSUSE 11.0, it's installed on my system - and I just
checked it's on the DVD.

As far as I can tell the wishlist entries don't get
explicitly/directly addressed.
I took some time to file a wishlist request sometime ago for another
application and it'd be nice to know that its at least been
read/considered/rejected.
Finally if wishlist is the preferred place it would seem to me that a
category worth considering for addition is 'security'.

Yes, in general wishlist handling is not good - please discuss this on
the opensuse-factory mailing list,

Andreas
Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany