Re: [opensuse] shutdown hangs after kernel update -- ADDENDUM
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 12:27:52 +0200 (CEST)

The Wednesday 2008-06-25 at 10:14 +0200, Daniel Bauer wrote:

However, yesterday I could not umount /home, it said it was in use. But I
don't know why. I had nothing left running and I was logged out as user, so
there should be no access needed to /home anymore.

Try to use "lsof | grep home" to find out what's in use.

The other thing you can do when something refuses to umount is to use "lazy" umount. It will minimize the damage when forcing power off.

This friday I would have an appointment with an internet-café here in
Barcelona that I tried to convince to use Linux because of all their problems
always occuring with Windows. But if I go there now I'd get a read head,
because their windows seems to be more stable than my linux (with the WLAN
problems and the shutdown freeze), and he can proudly click on "start" to
show me how a system can be shutdown...

I would never install a brand new version on "outsiders". Stick to 10.3

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.

< Previous Next >