Re: [opensuse] PHP, Pear, and MSSQL Oh my!
  • From: Sorin Peste <neaorine@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 08:10:38 +0300
Cody Nelson wrote:
We are in a situation where we need PHP/Pear to support MS SQL.
Swaying from this is not an option.

We are standardizing on one linux distro, so we purchased the
enterprise version of Suse 10.1. (This place uses windows mostly with
few linux and unix) The web developers use ubunto, and redhat, and
this is a complete non issue. Searching the internet I see this is a
common problem with Suse as they claim best Microsoft/windows
compatibility but do not compile database support for one of the major
databases used.

So I am hoping someone can walk me through getting PHP to support MS
SQL? If it is a recompile, I will need help with that since i have
not recompiled anything since redhat 5.1, and the last time I tried
with suse 9.1 I gave up.

Thanks in advance!

- Cody

you need the php5-mssql package, a quick search revealed this repo for SLE10 which has it:

ftp://ftp5.gwdg.de/pub/opensuse/repositories/home:/civ75/SLE_10/

Sorin