Re: [opensuse] 11.0 KDE 4 {Not Ready for Prime Time - We told you so!}
  • From: Raskolnikov Tkachuk <raskolnikov.tkachuk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 09:01:59 -0400
Mike wrote:
On Saturday 21 June 2008 07:09, Raskolnikov Tkachuk wrote:

This is "a crock of shit, and it stinks"...please
stop trying to pass it off as "a vessel which contains
something which promotes growth and is extremely powerful"

1. We know better

2. It makes SUSE and Novell look exceedingly dishonest
for not being completely honest about the
current state of KDE 4.

3. You're making a VERY bad impression on first-time
SUSE Linux users -- especially those who have
never used Linux and/or KDE before.

4. We told you so.

5. We told you so.

6. For how many months have we been telling you this,
and you all refused to listen.

Besides complaining, what have you contributed? Development? Bug Reports? How about just something constructive?

Advice to NOT promote the incomplete software.

The problem with KDE 4 is *NOT* bugginess, but a lack
of completeness.

How does telling the devs that they're not done yet help
them complete the task faster???

Just a thought.

But not a very good one.