Re: [opensuse] 11.0 KDE 4 {Not Ready for Prime Time - We told you so!}
  • From: "John Andersen" <jsamyth@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 14:27:40 -0700
On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 1:23 PM, Ken Schneider <suse-list3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Not ready for prime time is all I can say. In the process of removing 4.x
and installing KDE 3.

And its not like we were all caught off guard by the beta quality of KDE4.

This board went on a full tilt rant for weeks prior to this release begging,
pleading, demanding, and crying for OpenSuse to include STRONG
warnings not to install KDE4 due to incompleteness and missing
features.

Opensuse being a "Community based" distro notwithstanding, this advice
was (as usual)
totally ignored.

SO expect this to be a common thread here on this list.
KDE4 Rants are just beginning.