Re: [opensuse] OT: - e-mail problem
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 09:20:13 +0200
Phil Burness wrote:

I am getting a multitude of e-mail delivery failure notices in my
inbox from lot's of people I have not e-mailed. I guess my e-mail
system is compromised in some way but I do not know how or where to
look. I do not know if the problem is at my Linux machine or could it
be at my ISP?

Can anyone offer any advice or information on where to get advice?

Don't worry, your system has most probably not been compromised. The
back-scatter you're seeing is annoying, but there's not much you can do
about it. Someone is sending emails with forged address = your address.

/Per Jessen, Z├╝rich