Re: [opensuse] How to Diagnose Wireless
  • From: "John Andersen" <jsamyth@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 14:13:24 -0700
On Mon, Jun 9, 2008 at 1:48 PM, Kai Ponte <kai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Monday 09 June 2008 01:25:50 pm John Andersen wrote:

However, for the task at hand, permission to read /var/log/messages
can be controlled in Yast under Miscellaneous Settings / File permissions
by selecting "Easy"

That would be awesome - but I don't see anything under YaST that allows for
File Permissions.

File Permissions: Settings for the permissions of certain system
files are set according to the data in /etc/permissions.secure or
/etc/permissions.easy.

And of course Root can mess with the specific settings in either of those
files.

Interesting - looking at those, but I get easily lost. :P

I should have thought of it earlier - I just changed messages under var/log to
755.

Problem solved.

If you changed the file permissions directly, you have solved
the problem for now. Book mark this message for how
to fix it permanently if/when the old permissions return.