[opensuse] Re: Spam and this and other mailing lists
  • From: Richard Ibbotson <richard.ibbotson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 12:37:07 +0100

My biggets concern though is that there are obviously email address
collection bots / people kicking about on lists and even changing
reply to etc doesn't defeat them as the originators email address
is still buried in the source. Why isn't it all stripped out by the
lists server? Spam is a problem to many people including isp's.

This is why some people use a Gmail or a similar account for use with
public mailing lists. Google take all of the hits leaving me to read
the list traffic.

Makes life easy :)

--
Richard