Re: [opensuse] wireless doesn't work in suse 11 RC1
  • From: "John Andersen" <jsamyth@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 15:34:16 -0700
On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 2:57 PM, Fred A. Miller <fmiller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
John Andersen wrote:

[snip]

I might be in the market for something like the Air if it had a runtime
longer than a cup of coffee and was a bit more durable.

Any other recommendations for:
super thin,
lightweight ultra portable
reasonable screen size
not too slow
can run Linux

John, the Dell Inspiron 1525 exceeds all of the above. ;) If you get one, DO
order it with the Intel 3948 wifi card....NOT the Dell wifi and 2Ghz.
processor. My only complaint is that I can't turn off the touch pad in any
flavor of openSUSE. Yes.....some other distros. will. :(

Fred

But that's still a 6 pound machine Fred. The air is 3
And its way thicker than the Air.
And I can't get Dell's web site to even cough up a
guestimate of battery runtime.