Re: [opensuse] mkinitrd failure (raid related?)
  • From: Rui Santos <rsantos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2008 17:52:43 +0100
Sorry,

I might have confused the KOTD with Factory.

you could also try the mkinitrd command with the simplified file grub
file.

If it doesn't work, try these:
- Kernel from: http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/Kernel:/HEAD/openSUSE_Factory/
- udev from: http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/algraf:/newkernel/openSUSE_10.3/
- rpm from: http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/coolo/openSUSE_10.3/

Install all with care.

Michael Fischer wrote:
On Sun, Jun 01, Rui Santos wrote:
Hi Michael,

I assume, like me, you've just upgrade your kernel to 2.6.25.
By doing that, you also needed a new udev ( probably v120 ) and with it, new mkinitrd versions, among others. Since you claimed you installed kernel from KOTD, I'm assuming you installed all of required dependencies.

Errr, no. The KOTD rpm did not express "dependencies" on a new mkinitrd
nor for udev.

Michael

--
Rui Santos