Re: [opensuse] cups help needed
  • From: Bob S <911@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 23:54:23 -0400
On Wednesday 21 May 2008 08:52:29 pm Washington Irving wrote:
John Andersen wrote:
On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 5:28 PM, Washington Irving

<washton.irving@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Bob S wrote:
Hello SuSE people,

I installed 10.3 on my son's computeerr today. He finally got sick of
windoze. All is well except for his printer. It is an MFC3420C. One of
those all in

MFC3420C

Which manufacturer is that?

Its a Brother, which can be troublesome.

Sometimes Brother printers are very windows specific.
In which case you can sometimes get them to work
by sending print thru a windows machine with the
smb backend for CUPS.

Go to the brother site.

http://www.brother-usa.com/

http://welcome.solutions.brother.com/bsc/public/us/us/en/dlf/download_top.h
tml?reg=us&c=us&lang=en&prod=mfc3420c_us

Look on the left, under Notes/Information,
where it says "For Linux Users"

I've been to that site and to every link that is associated with it. Spent
hours going over it. That is where I got the install instructions. Thanks for
trying to help anyway.

Bob S