Re: [opensuse] SATA PCI card
  • From: "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 May 2008 19:49:37 -0500
Philipp Thomas wrote:
On Sat, 17 May 2008 15:57:01 -0500, David C. Rankin wrote:

And it wasn't even that long. Philipp, I gladly welcome any help on the driver compile you can give.

I can't help with driver compiling as I'm far from being a kernel
hacker. But given the PCI device ID (3d17) it's easy to see if a driver
supports the device as the driver contains a list of IDs it feels
responsible for.

Philipp

Thanks Philipp,

That at least adds another piece to the puzzle. If there is anyone following this thread that is adept at reading driver code, a copy of the old driver source Promise provides for this card is at:

http://www.3111skyline.com/download/promise/ut_mod/

Any help would be appreciated. I'll keep plugging away at it. Jan??

--
David C. Rankin, J.D., P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC