Re: [opensuse] Password Wierdness
  • From: Don Raboud <dwraboud@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 09:35:21 -0600
On Wednesday 14 May 2008 07:04:50 pm Lucky Leavell wrote:
OS: OpenSuSE 10.3

When I try to invoke YaST from KDE as a non-root user, it prompts me for
the root password but always says it is incorrect but I can bring up a
terminal screen, su - and it accepts the same password just fine OR I can
swithc to a character screen and login as root just fine using the same
password. What causes this strange behavior (which I have not experienced
from SuSE 9.0 until 10.3)? What can I do about it?

Have you changed any settings for sudo recently?
What happens if you type *your* password at the KDE prompt?

--
Don