Re: [opensuse] dvd/cd problems 10.3
  • From: rschwedler <rschwedler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 12:45:42 -0500
On Monday 05 May 2008 04:31:10 pm John Andersen wrote:
On Mon, May 5, 2008 at 1:33 PM, rschwedler <rschwedler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all:

I have a problem with a new system I built. I loaded opensuse 10.3,
updated all. The problem with the dvd/cd rom drives they are seen when
booting and when the system is up. But after awhile they disappear. I
updated the motherboard bios. Not mounted or show up in hardware
information in yast and if I put in a new dvd/cd it is not seeing it.
I've googled and I'm stuck. I get the following error messages

messages log
sr 0:0:0:0: ioctl_internal_command return code = 8000002
May 5 14:02:36 linux kernel: : Sense Key : Aborted Command [current]
[descriptor]
May 5 14:02:36 linux kernel: : Add. Sense: No additional sense
information

warn log
May 5 13:29:02 linux smartd[3932]: Problem creating device name scan
list

system

opensuse 10.3
kde 3.5.9 release 60.2

Both dvd/cd drives are lite-on
asus p5n-d motherboard
2gig ram
seagate sata hard drive
620 watt power suppply
nvidia geforce 8800 gt
--

Very weird. This almost sounds like power saving is shutting off the
drives/controller after a while. You would expect the KDE automount

--

JSA

It is weird. I don't think it's a power save thing, I'm thinking it's a
problem with autofs. I have re-installed autofs but the problem is still
there.

rschwedler