Re: [opensuse] How to restart the network.
  • From: Joe Sloan <joe@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 05 May 2008 21:03:35 -0700
Sam Clemens wrote:

I guess if you have the luxury of being in a pure
SuSE environment, that's great. But most admins live
in a multi-flavor world...and so it pays to know what works
on Solaris and HP-UX as much as SuSE.

I'm trying to forget. I used to admin solaris and hpux. My master plan of replacing everything with linux is progressing nicely.

Otherwise, you spend a lot of time trying to remember
which customization is for which platform.

I feel your pain.

Lowest common denominator...although ugly, works
most everywhere.

True -

Joe