Re: [opensuse] USB PC Camera install
  • From: Mike McMullin <mwmcmlln@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 01 May 2008 12:02:30 -0400
On Thu, 2008-05-01 at 22:57 +0700, Constant Brouerius van Nidek wrote:
Got a USB PC camera which I would like to use with Skype.
It was a cheapy and I found not very much on google about drivers to be used.
The camera, 0c45:613e microdia cam, should work with the sn9c102 driver, at
least that is what the table of "USB device supported by debian Kernel
Modules" tells me. In this list I also find under the USB id following
lettersoup:
dz*dc*dsc*dp*icFFisc*ip*

There is no explanation towards this row of letters.
I assume that if Debian supports it in its kernel, Suse will have it too but
found no info on Google.
Attached the webcam to my Laptop, Pentium IIi with Suse 10.3 and KDE and ran
modprobe sn9c102. No protest from the system.
Lsusb -v gives no address or any info if the webcam is running.
What is the next step in order to see with the webcam. Seems that
no /dev/video is made. Something like QuickCam Messenger? or any
other
program to have some camera exercise?

Try lsmod and look for sn9c102, I suspect that it is not loaded
properly.