Re: [opensuse] A fighting scene, for the Linux trolls among us...
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 21:26:18 +1000
Bob Williams wrote:
On Sunday 27 April 2008 05:38:42 Basil Chupin wrote:
David C. Rankin wrote:
Basil Chupin wrote:
Bob Williams wrote:
On Friday 25 April 2008 05:48:28 Basil Chupin wrote:
I have another - just the opposite - phenomenon: at odd times the
system will log me out and present me with the login screen --
this occurs when I am switching a desktop or switching
'something/anything' with a mouse click. Try and switch and the
10.3 'reboots' me to the prompt.

(The system is up-to-date, and I'm using KDE3.)
Strange. I've noticed the same thing here, a few times recently.
HA! And one is always 'worried' about asking a question about such
an occurrence on the mail list in case because noone else has
mentioned such a problem :-( .

How many more of similar hassles are being experienced by people but
not being brought out into the open I wonder?

And I agree with you that this is a hassle which started to occur
RECENTLY - never had this happen until something got upgraded in the
past few weeks.

Thanks for confirming that this problem is not something conjured up
by my imagination :-) .

Ciao.
Careful Basil,

You're going to give Bob an insecurity complex......
The insecurity thingie is one thing but I just hope that he'll be able
to handle the 'troll' part :-) .

Ciao.

No, it really does keep logging me out. And who are you calling insecure?

No, no, no! I am not calling you 'insecure' :-) .

David simply mentioned that by writing what I did I may be giving you an insecurity complex (read above what was written).

The 'troll' reference went right over my head :( Must be some sort of in-joke.

I guess it may be termed an "in-joke".

There are some who are afflicted with cranial impotence, and who frequent this and other openSUSE mailing lists, who have decided that I am a (?Windows) troll because I make questioning comments about some of the sacred practices and beliefs held by those openSUSE followers :-) .

... Duh! Note to myself. Read the subject line when joining a thread :)

You're getting there! :-D

Ciao

--
If you want to know what a man is like, take a look at how he treats his
inferiors not his equals.