Re: [opensuse] A fighting scene, for the Linux trolls among us...
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 17:38:37 +1000
Rajko M. wrote:
On Saturday 26 April 2008 11:34:18 pm Basil Chupin wrote:
Bob Williams wrote:
On Friday 25 April 2008 05:48:28 Basil Chupin wrote:
I have another - just the opposite - phenomenon: at odd times the
system will log me out and present me with the login screen -- this
occurs when I am switching a desktop or switching 'something/anything'
with a mouse click. Try and switch and the 10.3 'reboots' me to the
prompt.

(The system is up-to-date, and I'm using KDE3.)
Strange. I've noticed the same thing here, a few times recently.
There is one more weirdness which started at the same time as the above:
after entering the user's password to login, the (LCD) monitor
immediately goes into sleep mode (ie, turns black); moving the mouse
(eg) brings it back up and then the desktop is visible.

Ciao.

KDE 3.5.9 release 60.1, was installed here yesterday, lost this "feature".

AHA! Another "feature" nobody wanted to bring out in the open! :-)

Thanks for this info. My system just got upgraded a few hours ago for the KDE bits so I will now see what happens when I boot the system tomorrow morning.

Ciao.

--
If you want to know what a man is like, take a look at how he treats his
inferiors not his equals.