Re: [opensuse] Help With Mail Server
  • From: Sandy Drobic <suse-linux-e@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 14:06:40 +0200
Andreas van dem Helge wrote:
On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 1:56 AM, Sandy Drobic
<suse-linux-e@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Then why not use a private ip address instead of an invalid one.

I am using a valid public IP address. I'd just rather not post it publicly.

That's not necessary, but a private ip address would prevent some of the irritation that are cause by such misleading obfuscation. Especially since the problem had to do with connection to an ip.

In that case yast borked and didn't change it to all:

postconf -e "inet_interfaces = all"
rcpostfix stop
rcpostfix start

Even though postconf reports "postconf: warning: /etc/postfix/main.cf:
multiple entries for "inet_interfaces"" (Because I manually
uncommented it and restarted the service afterwards), that actually
fixed it.

Okay, just make sure that you
- only accept valid recipients
- your config only allows trusted users/clients to relay
- set up basic spam prevention measures.

--
Sandy

List replies only please!