Re: [opensuse] Help With Mail Server
  • From: Sandy Drobic <suse-linux-e@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 19:25:14 +0200
Andreas van dem Helge wrote:
I want to setup the mail server so when you send an email to
<localusername>@<domain with MX record set to this machine> it gets
delivered (instead of bouncing) and I've done the following setup:

In YaST2 -> Network Services -> Mail Transfer Agent I used the
following options:

*Standard Configuration Type
*Permanent Connection
*Virus scan: unticked (disabled)
*Outgoing Mail Server: (blank)
*Accept remote SMTP connections: ticked (enabled)
*Firewall is disabled

But I can't even telnet to port 25 on this machine:

root@srv04 [~]# telnet app5.SuSELinuxRocks 25
Trying 74.420.420.420..
telnet: connect to address 74.420.420.420 Connection refused

Did you try to obfuscate the ip address or do you really have this ip address configured?!?

I can telnet into localhost:

app5:~ # telnet localhost 25
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 app5.SuSELinuxRocks ESMTP Postfix

I even tried to edit /etc/postfix/main.cf the line inet_interfaces=all
was commented out so I uncommented it and issued the command 'service
postfix restart' and still I cannot telnet into port 25 (or receive
actual email that an MTA tries to deliver to the server)

Show output of

postconf inet_interfaces
netstat -antp | grep :25 | grep -i listen

Also:

rcpostfix stop
rcpostfix start

Then show the last 20 lines in /var/log/mail and /var/log/messages

--
Sandy

List replies only please!