Re: [opensuse] Noob 3d Desktop
  • From: Clayton <smaug42@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 12:03:11 +0200
Will try tonight and give feedback. Actually I have not even looked at
the 3d Effect. How would I check that it is working? Switching between
desktops?

It depends on what you call 3D. 3D to SAX2 is simply that it supports
what everyone calls 3D Acceleration... so OpenGL accelerated
graphics... you can test that it is working by starting up a Linux
game that uses OpenGL, or something simple like running glxgears. If
"3D" is not enabled, glxgears or an OpenGL game won't start.

If you are talking 3D effects as in Compiz (for example the Desktop
Cube), that is another thing completely... a step above simply getting
your video card working right... but closely related.

C.