Re: [opensuse] Need suggestions on email server setup
  • From: "Masim \"Vavai\" Sugianto" <vavai@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 14:47:26 +0700
On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 2:28 PM, Hans Witvliet <hwit@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Masim,

But even with a 32-bit 10.3 machine he claimed he was not capable to do
it. So last week i found out that he let somebody else install it using
Fedora.
As you managed to get it installed and running smoothly, i conclude that
it's not a suse-issue but probably PEBKAC, Well, it's a bsd guy ....

I'll forward your links and ask he to try again!

Hi Hans,

After reviewing some installation issue while deploying Zimbra on
openSUSE, there is some general error frequently occurred :

1. Minimum specification for Zimbra Deployment
2. Misconfigured DNS setting (include FQDN hostname)
3. Firewall and AppArmor Issue (related to bind-DNS)
4. OpenLDAP setting

I started deploying Zimbra with version 4.5.5 on OpenSUSE 10.2, and
then various version of Zimbra 4.5.X on OpenSUSE 10.2 and 10.3.
Currently, I used Zimbra 5.0.4 on openSUSE 10.3. Everything worked
fine.

Please feel free to drop any question regarding this issue (Zimbra on
openSUSE). I'm not as familiar as expert guys in mail server
configuration on openSUSE, but I will try my best to share my
experience.

--
Best Regards,

Masim "Vavai" Sugianto