Re: [opensuse] Need suggestions on email server setup
  • From: Cristian Rodríguez <crrodriguez@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 01:41:25 -0400
Adam Jimerson escribió:
I have the SUSE Linux Bible for SUSE 9.1,

Ouch, that's and oldie.. heh ? Probably still helpful to understand basic things, not sure if it will help you in this particular problem with a completely different product..

bought it from a local
bookstore when I first started Linux, and it talks about Postix, Qpopper, and Cyrus but I was wondering if there are better programs now then there was back when that book was written.

Install dovecot, and configure it to use IMAP ONLY ( Please forget POP3) , then, you need an MTA and if you dont know how to configure postfix, ask google for some how-to or let yast to guide you in the configuration process, using the MTA module.

You may also need an spam filter ( I wish you much success with that :P ) then install dspam.

--
"Freedom of religion also means freedom **from** religion" - Anonymous

Cristian Rodríguez R.
Platform/OpenSUSE - Core Services
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH
Research & Development