Re: [opensuse] Does SUSE support Postfix PCRE tables?
  • From: Sandy Drobic <suse-linux-e@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2008 21:54:51 +0200
Jason Bailey, Sun Advocate Webmaster wrote:

The Tuesday 2008-04-01 at 21:12 -0600, Jason Bailey, Sun Advocate Webmaster wrote:

> Here's my postconf -m
> > btree
> cidr
> environ
> hash
> nis
> proxy
> regexp
> sdbm
> static
> unix

? no pcre

Here's my rpm -qi postfix | head output:

Name : postfix Relocations: (not relocatable)
Version : 2.2.9 Vendor: SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Nuernberg, Germany
Release : 10.23 Build Date: Tue 09 Oct 2007

To double check, you could try:

which postconf
rpm -q -f `which postconf`
rpm -qa | grep -i postfix

you know, to be paranoid about it a bit...

Also, there is a pcre and a pcre-64bit library. Maybe you only have one installed (Did you say your system is 64 bit?)

-- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.

Yes, my machine is 64-bit.

# which postconf
/usr/sbin/postconf

# rpm -q -f `which postconf`
postfix-2.2.9-10.23

# rpm -qa | grep -i postfix
postfix-2.2.9-10.23

I have dict_pcre.so in /usr/lib/postfix.

And no, the entries in my log files are not from manual intervention.
There are hundreds of them. Every element of Postfix, it seems, from the
queue manager to the tls manager is complaining about it.

No wonder. (^-^)

You definitely need the 64bit version of dict_pcre.so. It should be installed in /usr/lib64/.

Please post:

ls -l /usr/lib64

cat /etc/postfix/makedefs.out

ldd $(postconf daemon_directory| cut -d" " -f3)/smtpd

What I would like to know is if it ever ran as it should, or is it a brandnew system?

--
Sandy

List replies only please!