Re: [opensuse] Is the Suse Linux 10.0 repository gone?
  • From: Oddball <monkey9@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 21:45:43 +0200
Joe Sloan wrote:
Brian K. White wrote:

Me too. Large production ones where the users are all interactive login users, not web services, so they will not be upgraded or migrated without dire need.
Luckily I have the retail dvd and luckily I made copies and images, so when I need to install some app I didn't install originally, I can, but what about all the updates after the dvd was cut?

*sigh* life with linux...

If you run SLES you're supported for a minimum of 7 years. Was it not understood that you were using the consumer version?

Do you really expect a linux vendor to support a freely downloadable product forever, when they offer an enterprise product that was made to address your long term support issues?

Just a thought -

I think you are right about this.
All of us get free os during testing, and when most bugs are out, the repo dissappears.
But best for us is to move on anyway ;)

--

Enjoy your time around,

Oddball (Now or never...)

Besturingssysteem: Linux 2.6.25-rc6-git5-10-default x86_64
Current user: oddball@AMD64x2-sfn1
System: openSUSE 11.0 (x86_64) Alpha3
KDE: 4.00.66 (KDE 4.0.66 >= 20080313) "release 6.2"