Re: [opensuse] Is it possible to remove a disappeared Panel, and install a new one?
  • From: jdd sur free <jdanield@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 10:14:56 +0200
Stan Goodman a écrit :

Another thought is that something like this that has happened once can
always happen again,

I have this one on a while

and perhaps I should think about junking KDE
altogether, and try Gnome. A small survey of administrators of enterprise
Linux systems has told me that KDE is considered flakey (which I am now
prepared to believe).

are you using kde for administrative tasks?

if you speak about users.kde, kde and gnome are very different, kde having much more "pretty things" I could barely live without :-). Of course the more gadgets you have the more you are bug prone...

How can I go about removing KDE and starting Gnome, while causing minimum
disturbance to the installed application software?

anyway it's a maximum disturbance, better start from scratch

jdd

--
Jean-Daniel Dodin
Président du CULTe