Re: [opensuse] speed of new zypper (factory)
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 17:01:23 +1100
Rajko M. wrote:
On Sunday 09 March 2008 10:58:23 pm Basil Chupin wrote:
Best way is to forget complains as current zypper and YaST in factory is
way faster than in 10.3, and developers are not done with improvements.
Well, that is not much of a recommendation- a snail is faster than zypper!

But how does it compare to smart?

I didn't use Smart for a while, but if you install factory (on some spare computer or VirtualBox) you are going to see pleasant surprise. So far I recall Smart speed, zypper is at least at the same level, and it will be better.

Promises, promises, promises. It all sounds like a PR blurb which M$ can come up with.

I'll believe it when I see it - provided, of course, I'll be able to even install the next version of openSUSE (within the first 3 months of it being made available, that is).

:-)

Ciao.

--
A Short Fairy Tale.

One day, long, long ago, there lived a woman who,
surprisingly, did not whine, nag, or bitch...

But this was a long time ago...

And, it was only for just one day.

The End