Re: [opensuse] OpenSUSE and disk boot order
  • From: Wendell Nichols <wcn00@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2008 07:38:53 -0700
Hmm this is interesting. I maintain a separate bootable windoze image
on my laptop which I also run under vmware. In vmware I have to use the
whole physical disk as the vmware disk so that the init loader and
bootup stuff works. That exposes me to accidentally booting linux under
linux and wrecking my filesystems. However if the vmware bios could be
made to boot a different partition than the native linux boot this
exposure would disappear. Anyone have ideas about that?
wcn
Roger Oberholtzer wrote:
Hello

I remember on previous openSUSE installs (e.g., 10.0), one could select
the disk boot order in the BIOS. I do not mean if it is in a partition
or the MBR. I mean which disk. All disks are present in the install so
all info is there to do this, as it did in 10.0. For the life of me, I
do not see this in 10.3. I am guessing it is moved or traveling
incognito. Anyone know where this is now located?