Re: [opensuse] [OT] unstable system - still trying to identify the culprit.
  • From: Aaron Kulkis <akulkis01@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2008 02:44:50 -0500
Basil Chupin wrote:
Per Jessen wrote:
You will undoubtedly remember the discussion about the stability
problems on my new workstation from a couple of weeks ago. I'll
quickly sum up -

[pruned]

And the machine still crashes under load - even just a little bit. I
run two copies of mprime, plus firefox and such, and after 15-20
minutes, I get the automatic reboot.

[pruned]

Out of (personal) curiosity, why do you run 2 copies of mprime for these tests? Wouldn't the one copy do?

To keep both cores occupied.