Re: [opensuse] libata partition limit
  • From: Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 00:11:21 -0500
On 2008/02/20 23:42 (GMT-0500) Bob S apparently typed:

Is that going to work when I go to install 11.0 on the other half of my
disk? Allow me to make more partitions? I wonder if anyone has tried it?

Tried it? I have Factory (11.0) installed on 8 systems. 3 of the 8 *don't*
have at least 15 partitions, and it's only on those 3 that Factory is not
installed above #15. I have multiple installations of 10.3 above #15 as well.

I guess I could go experiment with the partitioner. That frightens me though.

I don't experiment with partitioners, or use Linux partitioners, or windoz
partitioners, or OS/2 partitioners, or DOS partitioners. (I use a cross
platform shareware partitioner - DFSee.) My partitioning is normally 100%
finished before I ever start any OS installer. The one exception I recall is
the one time I used LVM for the target installation, and let the installer do
the subdividing on the previously created LVM partition.
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one
and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall
not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16 NIV

Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata ***