Re: [opensuse] libata partition limit
  • From: Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 00:11:21 -0500
On 2008/02/20 23:42 (GMT-0500) Bob S apparently typed:

hwprobe=-modules.pata

Is that going to work when I go to install 11.0 on the other half of my
empty
disk? Allow me to make more partitions? I wonder if anyone has tried it?

Tried it? I have Factory (11.0) installed on 8 systems. 3 of the 8 *don't*
have at least 15 partitions, and it's only on those 3 that Factory is not
installed above #15. I have multiple installations of 10.3 above #15 as well.

I guess I could go experiment with the partitioner. That frightens me though.

I don't experiment with partitioners, or use Linux partitioners, or windoz
partitioners, or OS/2 partitioners, or DOS partitioners. (I use a cross
platform shareware partitioner - DFSee.) My partitioning is normally 100%
finished before I ever start any OS installer. The one exception I recall is
the one time I used LVM for the target installation, and let the installer do
the subdividing on the previously created LVM partition.
--
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one
and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall

Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409