Re: [opensuse] libata partition limit (was: ext3 check forced = frustration)
  • From: Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 09:37:03 -0500
On 2008/02/17 23:49 (GMT-0500) Bob S apparently typed:

Yeah, when they made the switch there were a bunch of us screaming about the
partition limitation. We were told, "Don't Worry" that will be fixed. I've
got half of a 250 GB disk that I wanted to install SUSE 11 on but only three
partitions. That ain't gonna work!

The kernel devs apparently think lvm and dm are able to provide solutions,
that it isn't the job of the kernel to provide backward compatibility for
upgrading systems that already have partitions >15. :-(

Has anybody heard anything?? Somebody really working on it?

Rumour has it Device Mapper has the capability, but no pointer to
comprehensible docs on how to use dm for the purpose have crossed my path.
--
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one
and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall

Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409