Re: [Bulk] Re: [opensuse] Beagle waste
  • From: "D Bera" <dbera.web@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 22:32:39 -0500
This is absolutely ridiculous. That's nearly 20% of the / partition
wasted on the dreaded_dog.
This begs the question if anyone finds beagle useful and actually uses
it. I have found that the hard disk shows a lot of activity when beagle
runs.

I either remove it when installing or first thing post install.

Could fellow list members indicate if they find beagle useful or not?

I dont use it for indexing my homedirectory because I mostly know
where things are, super-organized and all. But I need to use it for
keeping track of my emails (e.g. this ML gets an insane number of
emails per day), browsing history, quick search of documentation and
apps and some other stuff.

So it depends on what you are looking for. If you rarely need to
search for anything or search only for files based on their names,
then you are better off using m/s/locate.

As for the problems listed above and elsewhere, they are after all
bugs and not features. Bugs always get fixed.

- dBera