Re: [opensuse] ext3 check forced = frustration
  • From: Joe Morris <Joe_Morris@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 11:46:03 +0800
On 02/17/2008 11:04 AM, Adam Jimerson wrote:
Can the check be ran manually like you can with reiser? That way instead of doing it a boot every 60 days it can be ran while the system is idle.
Yes and no. Of course you can run it as a cli command, BUT NOT on a mounted rw filesystem. That is why the check on boot, before it is mounted rw. You could remount the filesystem ro, but not very convenient on your root partition. I have decided it is a small price to pay for data consistency for as often as I boot the server. FS corruption left uncorrected is not an advantage in the few minutes it adds to a boot every few months IMO.

--
Joe Morris