Re: [opensuse] ATI fglrx driver problems
  • From: "Anton Moiseev" <benderamp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 23:46:52 +0300
Hi,

I'm glad, that you have achieved some working solution. As for me, I
was lucky and desided not to solve the problem in the xorg.conf file
manually and searched the issue in the inet and found out that on ATI
dual head can be configured only with Catalist - it saved me much
time. With closed drivers it seems that the working solution can't be
found following the usual logic - it would work only in the way
programmers from ATI decided to do it, so I prefer to use only the
standard tools they provide - like Catalist - and not to touch
xorg.conf by myself.

Regarding the system hang - I also have similar problems - they have
appeared in latest drivers - there were no such problems, for example,
in summer (but there were other problems). For example, I have updated
the driver about a week ago, and now I can't log out from kde to gdm -
I see the black screen and can only reboot with ctrl+alt+del (it was
ok before this update). I also can't do init 3, init 5 to reset X -
the system totally hangs. Probably there are more such problems. I
only hope for the new open drivers written from opened specs, so
probably in the next year my desktop would become stable.