Re: [opensuse] Novell Microsoft Deal Hunting Novell
  • From: Aaron Kulkis <akulkis00@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 15:30:26 -0500
Philippe Landau wrote:
Sylvester Lykkehus wrote:
On 2008-02-11 18:03, Philippe Landau wrote:
Interview: OpenSUSE's New Tech Evangelist
http://cio.com/article/179204/Interview_OpenSUSE_s_New_Tech_Evangelist_
The interview is good, as are the answers.
However, what drew my attention most was the comments.
Every single one of them is about the Novell/Microsoft deal, and not in
the flattering way.

I am surprised to see that this is still a 'hot topic', since I mostly
felt the hot air had already left that balloon.
You are right the comments are lively and heartfelt.

Novell never dealt with it in an open way.
They are trying to deal with the backlash
with conventional PR: coverup and whitewash,
which is not working in a community
built on open information exchange.

As long as it looks like there was corruption involved,
Novell needs to investigate if it wants to gain trust.
Also of course the deal needs to be revised:
Petition Protest the Microsoft-Novell Patent Agreement
http://techp.org/p/1

Philippe, why are, of all people, posting scary URL's???
:-D