Re: [opensuse] Why can't I use "shutdown now" to turn off my system?
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 16:28:55 +0100 (CET)

The Tuesday 2008-02-05 at 09:33 -0500, Aaron Kulkis wrote:

On my machine with ACPI in use I just hit the power button once. Can't
get any shorter then that. :-)

And then you do that to someone else's machine, and
f*CK up their filesystems with massive corruption.

Do that on a commercial worksite, and you're liable
to find yourself looking for a new job.

I would fire instead the administrator that set up the bios of that computer, allowing it to power of instantly, instead of waiting for 4 seconds.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.