[opensuse] How do I load the LyX example linuxdoc_manpage.lyx?
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 04:46:11 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

I continue with my impossible quest of getting LyX to work in SuSE.

There is a list of examples, and I'm particularly interested in this one I got I don't remember where from:

.../lyx-1.3.4/lib/examples/linuxdoc_manpage.lyx

because I'm trying to translate to Spanish a manpage, and a GUI would be perfect for this unattainable task, as I know nothing of troff, tex, whatever.

But the examples do not work! I get the following error:

] cer@nimrodel:~/Projects/babel/LyX> Warning: Unknown document class
] ----------------------------------------
] Using the default document class, because the class manpage is unknown.

I should be surprised by now, that a needed class is not included. I do not even know what package contains LyX classes!

Perhaps it is the file "/usr/share/lyx/layouts/manpage.layout"? But how do I tell LyX to use it own layouts? I have no idea. If "manpage.layout" is in the system, and it says:

#% Do not delete he line below; configure depends on this
# \DeclareLinuxDocClass[manpage]{LinuxDoc manpage (SGML)}
# LinuxDoc manpage textclass definition file.

why then does it says it knows nothing about class "manpage", when it is clearly there and installed?

I don't understand.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos Robinson