Re: openSUSE Boxed Editions (Was: [opensuse] Will there be a LTS version of OpenSuse?)
  • From: Russ Fineman <russbucket@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2008 16:04:27 -0800
On Monday 04 February 2008 01:35:31 pm Kevin Dupuy wrote:
<snip>
Just my idea, and I hope someone would agree.
--
Kevin "Yo" Dupuy | Public Mail <kevin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Hope for America: Ron Paul for President. www.RonPaul2008.com

I agree I miss the good boxed set. I bought the 10.3 box set but it appears
worthless because of the bug with SATA drive and SIS chip sets. I cannot
install it. The bug report says its resolved but no link to the fix or how to
use it with the 10.3 boxed set. I did install 10.4 Alpha from a DVD I made
from the iso but thats not as good as the boxed set. Long download time for
DVD ISO on fibre network.

I too hope they go back to selling a boxed set in the stores.

--
Russ
Linux register user 441463