Re: [opensuse] Re: USB modem, wvdial does not redial
  • From: Dave Howorth <dhoworth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2008 15:00:16 +0000
G T Smith wrote:
Dave Howorth wrote:
G T Smith wrote:
CDMA is a Mobile (Cell phone) communication standard (not a propriety
wi-fi standard). This is a connect to the network via your mobile phone
type thing. CDMA is not commonly used outside US/South East Asia... Rest
of the world tends to be GSM/3G.
I'm curious which SE Asian countries use CDMA? All the ones I'm aware of
use GSM.

Cheers, Dave

Hate using wikipedia but the link below gives idea...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IS-95...

I was aware of South Korea and US, but some of the others listed are a
surprise to me...

But none of the countries listed there are in SE Asia! :)

Constant Brouerius van Nidek wrote:
Dave, I have a CDMA USB modem working on my Thinkpad with openSUSE
10.2 In Indonesia there are some providers with CDMA but most of
them offer GSM.

Aha! Found one, thanks Constant. I knew there was GSM in Indonesia but
didn't realize there were alternatives.

Cheers, Dave