Re: [opensuse] Can't produce any usable output with LyX
  • From: Jos van Kan <vankan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2008 00:03:17 +0100

Ah, then texlive is installed.

I assume latex/tex must work, but it doesn't matter: the working tex
installation must be produced by Yast: I refuse to learn tex in order to
get LyX running properly, that's a no-no.

Fair enough. Try this:

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage [spanish] {babel}
\begin {document}
!`Ol\'e mundo!
\end{document}

Store those five lines in a file ole.tex, do from the cli

pdflatex ole.tex

and tell me if you get a file ole.pdf and if not, what are the error messages.
That at least should tell you whether you have a working TeX installation.
Without that all bets are off. You're right btw, that Yast should provide you
with a working TeX installation, if you install texlive.

Regards,
--
Jos van Kan registered Linux user #152704