Re: [opensuse] Will there be a LTS version of OpenSuse?
  • From: David Bolt <bcrafhfr@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2008 13:51:03 +0000
On Sat, 2 Feb 2008, Doug McGarrett wrote:-

On Sunday 27 January 2008 12:58, Aaron Kulkis wrote:

You get high quality stuff for free, and then complain,
because the life-cycle is "only" 18 months.

ITYM 24 months, plus maybe a month or two extra.

<Snip>

Why must we
bow down to Microsoft? It seems that they now own SuSE, and are determined
to make it less and less attractive.

Now there's some FUD if ever I saw it.

If I didn't have a whole batch of stored
files on this stable, older SuSE distro,

And that makes a difference how? I have files I created, and still use
on older SuSE[0] versions, as well as using them on later releases.

I would try something else in a
minute. And I may, anyway.

There's nothing wrong with that. I occasionally try out Debian and
Fedora, and even more rarely Mandriva and Kubuntu. So may you find your
foray into trying other distros a fruitful experience, and just like
SUSE appears to have always said, have a lot of fun.

[0] And yes, SuSE is the correct capitalization. The versions are 9.1
and 9.0, both before the rename to SUSE and, long before openSUSE.

Regards,
David Bolt

--
Team Acorn: http://www.distributed.net/ OGR-P2 @ ~100Mnodes RC5-72 @ ~15Mkeys
SUSE 10.1 32bit | openSUSE 10.2 32bit | openSUSE 10.3 32bit | openSUSE 11.0a1