Re: [opensuse] Will there be a LTS version of OpenSuse?
  • From: David Bolt <bcrafhfr@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2008 13:51:03 +0000
On Sat, 2 Feb 2008, Doug McGarrett wrote:-

On Sunday 27 January 2008 12:58, Aaron Kulkis wrote:

You get high quality stuff for free, and then complain,
because the life-cycle is "only" 18 months.

ITYM 24 months, plus maybe a month or two extra.

Why must we
bow down to Microsoft? It seems that they now own SuSE, and are determined
to make it less and less attractive.

Now there's some FUD if ever I saw it.

If I didn't have a whole batch of stored
files on this stable, older SuSE distro,

And that makes a difference how? I have files I created, and still use
on older SuSE[0] versions, as well as using them on later releases.

I would try something else in a
minute. And I may, anyway.

There's nothing wrong with that. I occasionally try out Debian and
Fedora, and even more rarely Mandriva and Kubuntu. So may you find your
foray into trying other distros a fruitful experience, and just like
SUSE appears to have always said, have a lot of fun.

[0] And yes, SuSE is the correct capitalization. The versions are 9.1
and 9.0, both before the rename to SUSE and, long before openSUSE.

David Bolt

Team Acorn: OGR-P2 @ ~100Mnodes RC5-72 @ ~15Mkeys
SUSE 10.1 32bit | openSUSE 10.2 32bit | openSUSE 10.3 32bit | openSUSE 11.0a1