[opensuse] What is Lchown? (rsnapshot)
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 20:03:51 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

I'm testing rsnapshot, a perl utility to do backups, included with opensuse 10.3

It fails, does nothing; very verbose output follows:

nimrodel:~ # rsnapshot daily
require Lchown <========
Lchown module not found
Setting locale to POSIX "C"
echo 3970 > /var/run/rsnapshot.pid
rm -f /var/run/rsnapshot.pid
/bin/logger -i -p user.info -t rsnapshot /usr/bin/rsnapshot daily: \
completed successfully
nimrodel:~ #

It claims to success in under a second, without backing up a single file! That's not a good thing for a backup program. IMNSHO it is Horribly Bad that it claims success with a non existing backup!

What on earth is that Lchown? I can't find it with pin. Could it be "perl-lchown", which is not included in the distro?

If that is so, I assume it is a packaging bug that the rpm for a required package is not included, not even "required".

- -- Cheers,
Carlos Robinson