Re: [opensuse] Why beagle?
  • From: Kevin Dupuy <kevindupuy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 19:18:29 -0600

PerfectReign wrote:

| If you don't like it, don't install it. There's no one holding your
| fingers to the keyboard.

I'm tired of some arguments.
If you like beagle install it. If you don't leave it. This is a free
world.

But beagle is a default install in opensuse and linking to libbeagle a
must. So your argument doesn't count.

No - I simply clicked on "ban" in the installer (last two installs)
and it griped a bit but let me pass.

My mother - by the way - runs beagle and kerry just fine she never
notices any issues. However, I refuse to have it.

Bitching about it is just childish unless one bitches and then takes
it upon oneself to either (a) remove it or (b) re-write it.

It would be nice if SuSE didn't make it a default
install, with the dependency complaints if you
remove it.

I'll go for not throwing up dependency errors if uninstalling, but it
definitely needs to be in the default install. Most users will want
Beagle.
--
Kevin "Yo" Dupuy | Public Email: <kevin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Happy New Year from Yo.media!