Re: [opensuse] Backup scheduling
  • From: Joe Sloan <joe@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2007 22:12:51 -0800
Robert Smits wrote:
On December 22, 2007 06:00:53 pm James Knott wrote:

About the only thing in Linux that requires a reboot is a kernel
update. However, some configuration changes may require restarting some
service.

Yes. For example, tonight I changed the address of the airport I get weather
info from in Kweather, and it wouldn't change location unless I rebooted.

Nah, I'll bet my life savings that you didn't need to reboot. Linux just
doesn't work that way.

But I've heard of people reinstalling the OS rather than editing a
config file, so nothing surprises me anymore.

Joe