Re: [opensuse] will pay for wireless help
  • From: "Rajko M." <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2007 23:09:40 -0600
On Sunday 23 December 2007 09:23:36 am Mike McMullin wrote:
It would be good if James would accept some type of 'blind shots' and
report results. That method gives ideas, helps not to run in circles as
many eyes see more.

  It would be good for those of us who have Atheros' cards to post up
what we did to get our cards working.  Ubuntu 6.10 when I installed it,
picked up the card and configured it, SuSE10.3 (which is on it now), did
not have the drivers for it and I had to go get them and go through a
good bit of trial and error.

It will be good to have more ideas collected.

For instance, there is:
http://en.opensuse.org/HCL/Network_Adapters_%28Wireless%29
though the table seems to need improvement.
It takes 22" wide screen to see it without scrolling.

The discussion links for this pages can be used for collection of information.
http://en.opensuse.org/Atheros_madwifi
http://en.opensuse.org/Atheros_ndiswrapper

Than it can be organized and linked from HCL table.

--
Regards,
Rajko