Re: [opensuse] Beagle under 10.3 is really eating up my CPU
  • From: Linda Walsh <suse@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 13:59:34 -0800
Aaron Kulkis wrote:
Until they remove every trace of it from human existence,
except for snippets preserved for teaching purposes, under
the topic of "DO NOT DO THESE THINGS in a background services
programs"
---
Well it depends on your configuration, no doubt.
I saw one user with 512M memory & 1.5G swap.

These days, an interactive desktop user should almost never
have more swap than physical memory -- even having swap=memory
is too slow in many cases if the swap is being used frequently
(> once/week).

Try setting the 'ionice' level of beagle to 'batch' (below
interactive processes) and see if you have the problem. ?