Re: [opensuse] Beagle under 10.3 is really eating up my CPU
  • From: Linda Walsh <suse@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 13:49:14 -0800
Gary Baribault wrote:
And just for your general information, with Beagle installed, SuSE was
using 1.5Gig of Memory and 256Meg of Swap.

After removing Beagle and a reboot, I have 887Meg free and no swap used,
I would think that Beagle qualifies as a HOG. I don't care what it
offers as an advantage, it isn't worth that, (I have about 2 Gigs of
EMail it was indexing)
But but that *all the time*?... Or is it
doing some "initial" indexing? I thought someone else said that it
took "a while" (long time) to index their whole disk, but after it
was done, it only needed to smaller, incremental overnight runs.