Re: [opensuse] My desktop has become "lazy" lately
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 15:19:39 +0100 (CET)

The Sunday 2007-12-16 at 21:11 -0700, Tom Patton wrote:

This thread is sounding suspiciously similar to my drive failure
Thursday, following a YOU last weekend. See my thread "ata2 suddenly
bad". I mean the randomly "sluggish" aka "lock-up" syndrome.

Yes, I read it. I couldn't decide if it is significantly similar or chance.

I have since installed an EIDE drive with fresh install of "boxed 10.3",
reloaded all my original apps, and have done a new YOU (with the same
kernel version as last week). So far...28 hrs and counting...all is
fabulous.

I can't add anything else, except that there have been several weird
threads this week about similar "stall" symptoms...one re oocalc, mine,
yours, and a couple others.

Yes.

I had thought mine was due to Beagle, or perhaps because it was an
"upgrade" from 10.2. Then I lost both /sda8 and /sdb2...something is
amiss somewhere. Or not...I might have had a failing SATA drive...I am
currently not using any of /sdb partitions.

Dificult to say, yes.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.