Re: [opensuse] My desktop has become "lazy" lately
  • From: Jc Polanycia <JC.Polanycia@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 06:04:34 -0700
I have seen this type of behavior once before on one of our Sparc boxes. It
would randomly stop processing, then wake up. You could watch the clock
stop ticking and then start again. Some applications (that weren't looking
for a clock tick) would be okay, but others (like Kerberos, for some
reason) would stop responding. In that case it ended up being the onboard
RTC. We had Sun swap out the system board and the box has been stable ever
since.

-jc