Re: [opensuse] Beagle under 10.3 is really eating up my CPU
  • From: Joe Sloan <joe@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2007 20:01:33 -0800
Peter Van Lone wrote:
On Dec 16, 2007 4:39 PM, Joe Sloan <joe@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The standard procedure for me on any new suse build is to nuke beagle
completely

Beagle doesn't give me any problems at all ... and I use it often to
"find stuff" ... I guess if I was using the box as a server I would
remove it, but otherwise it seems to me that removing it automatically
is more a statement concerning how little you value desktop search,
more than a statement about Beagle itself?

(along with fixing the broken non-root paths, and installing

What do you consider "the broken non-root paths"? Just curious.

I have to fix the path to deal with the complaints of users who complain
that e.g. "ifconfig" isn't installed, or who maybe have to type a full
path for common commands. There's IMHO no reason a normal desktop user
shouldn't be able to run many commands which reside in /sbin or /usr/sbin.

Joe